Private Venice in a Day Tour
Private Venice in a Day tour combines a walking tour of Venice featuring St Mark's square , St Mark's basilica , Doge's palace ( exterior with possibility of visiting also interior upon request ) , Rialto bridge, secret Venice, Rialto Market with a boat tour of the Grand Canal & minor canalsBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- A three-hour private walking tour of Venice with one of our local expert guides
- A one-hour private boat tour of the Grand Canal & Minor Canals with a local expert guide
- Skip the line tickets to St. Mark's Basilica
- Private motor-launch for the boat tour of the Grand Canal & Minor Canals
Our Private Venice in 1-Day Tours are ideal for families, small groups and individual travellers who desire a more thorough and intimate introduction to the city of Venice.
Within a short 4-hour frame Our Private Venice in 1 Day Tours enable our clients to see and do more covering all the must-sights of Venice and more...
Private Venice In 1 Day Tours normally commence with an introductory walking tour of St. Marks lasting one-hour and including an in-depth tour of the interior of St. Marks Basilica, followed by a private one-hour boat tour of the Grand Canal and minor canals in a luxurious motor-launch.
Finishing the private boat tour of the Grand Canal in the Hidden Venice, the remaining two-hour walking tour will be a magical journey through a labyrinth of back alleys and meandering canals to discover the real Venice. Where tourists seldom visit, and where you feel as if time has stood still for centuries.
Surrounded by an open air museum, your expert English-speaking guide will lead you on a fascinating journey recounting the history of the areas you visit and their important buildings as well as stories & anecdotes about the Venetians themselves who made this city such a vibrant place to live.
While the above is the suggested itinerary for the first-time visitor to Venice, please note the itinerary can be modified according to your requirements to include the Jewish Ghetto, Marco Polo's House or other locations in Venice as part of this 4-hour tour.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: We normally recommend that you take this private Venice tour in the afternoon when the Grand Canal is not over-run with commercial traffic and the monuments are less busy.
No additional fee for pick up at your Hotel if centrally located - An additional 35,00 Euro will apply if the Hotel is located outside San Mark's district - Or you may meet your guide directly in San Mark's square at no extra charge.
N.B. Due to Lent religious observance St Mark’s Basilica will remain closed and no visiting will be permitted on all Saturdays and Sundays from now on until Easter included. These decisions are taken by the local authorities and are therefore beyond our control.
All tours including the Basilica will operate as scheduled – our guides will provide a detailed explanation of Basilica’s history, architecture and its treasures from the outside and wherever possible will bring visual aids (either books or pictures or Ipad) to allow the customers to view the interior of the church.
- Eventual entrance fees are not included
Your English speaking guide will come and meet you in the lobby of your hotel
- At times St Mark’s basilica is closed due to high water or religious ceremonies. During high water the tour will take place, but it might happen we have to partly adapt the tour to the weather conditions. On those occasions when St Mark’s Basilica is open with high water, skip the line tickets will not be accepted as all visitors have only 1 door open to get in the church.
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance to St Mark's Basilica are available only from April to October (St Mark’s Basilica does not offer a fast entry service to anyone in other periods, considered off peak season).
- Shoulders and knees must be covered to enter St Marks basilica. Large bags are not allowed inside the basilica.
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- Pick up at your hotel is included in the cost of the tour (if the hotel is located in St. Mark's area), tour will conclude in Venice city center.
- Prices from: 79.87
- Duration: 4 hours
- Availability: View Calendar
- Pickup Location
- Mid Point