Small Group Grand Canal & Secret Venice Boat Tours
Small group two-hour Venice boat tours featuring the grand canal and Venice back canals including Jewish ghetto ( with drop off and visit of the area ) , Arsenal, gondola shipyard - The perfect way to explore Venice from the water !BOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Highly qualified English speaking guide
- Pass by the first cathedral of Venice, San Pietro in Castello
- Enter via the “Porta dell’Acqua“ into the impressive Arsenal, the historic shipyard of Venice
- Navigate through back canals in the Cannaregio district
- Drop off in the Jewish ghetto for a 15/20 minutes stop over
- Stop by a Gondola Shipyard
There's no better way than on one of Venice Boat Tours to experience the uniqueness of Venice. During this fascinating two-hour tour of the Grand Canal and Hidden Venice, you’ll travel through many of the cities “sestieri“ (neighbourhoods) as you enjoy a city sightseeing tours of Venice designed for the first-time visitor to Venice.
These 2-hour Venice boat tours feature a diverse itinerary. You’ll admire the first Cathedral of Venice in the Castello area, San Pietro in this part of Venice), then you’ll enter the imposing “Water Gate“ to access the Arsenal, the historic shipyard and depot when Venice was an important mercantile city. By boat you’ll also sail out in the open lagoon, passing by Murano and the cemetery island of San Michele, while enjoying fine views (on clear days) of the Dolomites mountains in distance.
Then, continuing our route through the labyrinth of back canals of the city, we'll explore the Cannaregio district and see some of its most charming canals. At the Jewish ghetto, enjoy a quick stop (about 15/20 minutes) to take some photos of this picturesque corner of the city. Then, continue your journey via some of the back canals in the Santa Croce and Dorsoduro areas, stopping at a famous Gondola workshop where craftsmen still produce the traditional Venetian Gondolas.
And of course, during these small group Venice boat tours you’ll cruise down the Grand Canal. Sit back and enjoy the stories as your guide will introduces you to the splendid palaces, churches, gardens, bridges and warehouses that line Venice's main street. Sightseeing tours of Venice that really capture the beauty of the city and the Venetian lagoon.
At the Entrance to the Royal Gardens on the water front of St. Marks Square. From St. Marks facing the Basilica turn right and walk towards the open water. At the two giant columns facing the water turn right, and following the line of trees after a 100 metres you will come to the entrance of the Royal Gardens where we will be waiting holding a sign with Original Venice Walk written on it
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- The cost of the tour does not include gratuities or hotel pick up and drop off.
- During high water, the tour will take place, but it might happen we have to partly adapt the tour to the weather conditions.
- Tour operates with a minimum of 4 participants.
- Prices from: 95.00
- Duration: 2 hours
- Availability: View Calendar
- Pickup Location
- Mid Point