Private Classic Ancient Rome Excursion
Private Rome Shore Excursions features the visit of the Colosseum , Pantheon, Roman forum , Appian way and catacombs for cruise ship excursions from CivitavecchiaBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- English-speaking driver/guide and air-conditioned Mercedes Vehcle at your disposal for ten hours
- Expert Licensed English-speaking Tour Guide for six hours
- Pantheon, Colosseum, Ancient Forum, Appian Way, the Catacombs and much more
- Skip the line tickets for the Colosseum
Private Rome shore excursions of Classic Ancient Rome include the Colosseum, Ancient Roman Catacombs, Appian Way, Pantheon, Ancient Rome Forum and much more. Cruise ship shore excursions from the port of Civitavecchia to Rome that brings to life the times of Ancient Rome! Ideal for families and those looking for an in-depth and thoroughly entertaining tour focusing on the life and times of Ancient Rome featuring a diverse itinerary of attractions that include the Pantheon, Colosseum, Ancient Forum, Appian Way, the Catacombs and much more.
First, as part of our Private Rome Shore Excursions visit the alluring remains of the Ancient Roman Forum and while walking around the ruins of the imposing ancient buildings you will listen to its history peppered with anecdotes about the structure of Roman society, their beliefs, their social and political life. Learn how the Romans managed to create and control such a vast territory and how that empire declined.
Then, avoiding the lines to get in to the Colosseum, you'll visit the imposing arena and relive the days of Ancient Rome! Enjoy a thorough tour of the building through which you'll learn about the inner workings of the Colosseum and the special effects and showmanship of the ferocious games played there, the role the Colosseum had in Roman society and what it meant to a Roman to attend these games. We'll discuss about all the different kind of games held in the amphitheatre.
Afterwards, as part of your Private Civitavecchia Shore Excursion take a short drive through the centre of Rome to admire the Pantheon, and learn about the rich history of one of Rome's most important and beautiful buildings. Then, we'll leave the hustle'n bustle of downtown Rome to visit the nearby countryside to discover the famous Catacombs and the evocative Appian Way.
Enjoy a fascinating tour of the Catacombs. Ancient underground cemeteries used by the Christian and Jewish communities, later the Catacombs were used for celebrating funeral rites, anniversaries of martyrs and places of refuge from religious persecution.
Then, we suggest to finish our Private Classic Rome shore excursions, that you take a short stroll along the Appian Way in the lush green countryside walking along the Ancient road that was one of the major arteries leading into Rome in Ancient Times. Then, you'll drive back to your cruise-ship at Civitavecchia to complete a very full and entertaing shore excursion exploring the sites of Ancient Rome.
PLEASE NOTE: Journey time between the port of Civitavecchia & Rome is approximately 1.5 hours each way.
This Civitavecchia Rome Colosseum shore excursion to Rome departs from and returns to your cruise ship
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- At times, Colosseum and Roman Forums close without notice. No refunds are available as these events are beyond our control.
- Please wear confortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- Rucksacks are NOT allowed inside Colosseum and Ancient Forum!!!! As there is not deposit area in the vicinity, avoid taking any rucksack as due to the new rules otherwise you will not be admitted inside the monuments.
- Prices from: 193.00
- Duration: 10 hours
- Availability: View Calendar
- Pickup Location
- Mid Point