Venice in 1 Day Tour
Our Venice in 1 Day super saver Tour combines a walking tour of Venice featuring St Mark's Square, St Mark's basilica, Doge's palace ( exterior) , secret Venice and a boat tour along the Grand Canal and minor canals of VeniceBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Highly qualified local expert English speaking guide
- Skip the line tickets to St. Mark's Basilica
- Motor-launch for 1-hour guided tour of the Grand Canal
- St. Mark's Bell Tower & Clock Tower, Bridge of Sighs, Doge's Palace, Marco Polo's House, Pantheon of Venice and the Hidden Venice
Our Classic Venice Tour Package is the best value in Venice Day Tours packages, that features our two-hour Original Venice Walk which provides the ideal introduction to Venice on foot, and our small group Venice boat tour of the Grand Canal that provides a perfect introduction to Venice by water.
Morning (times varies depending on the season) - Original Venice Walk - skip the line tickets - St. Marks Basilica.
In two-glorious hours learn the history of Venice from its origins to the modern day as your Classic Venice Day Tours itinerary commences with a walking tour of St. Marks to admire & discuss its landmark monuments and to visit St. Marks Basilica. Then, complete your introduction to Venice with a voyage of enlightenment through the labyrinth of back alleys and sleeping canals of the Hidden Venice to have a full introduction to Venice on one of our most popular city sightseeing tours - Limited to a maximum of 25-participants with compliemntary head-phones included.
Afternoon (times varies depending on the season) - Small Group Venice Boat Tour of the Grand Canal
At the end of your first day in Venice, sit back, relax and take in all the beauty of Venice from a completely different aspect as you glide down Venice's main street to admire the important buildings that line it's banks that illustrate the great history of Venice which you expert Venice tour guide will discuss along with stories about famous characters who have at one time called this waterway their home. Limited to 8/9 people, and also visiting minor canals provides a very intimate and easy going tour of Venice far from the crowds of St. Marks.
N.B. Due to Lent religious observance St Mark’s Basilica will remain closed and no visiting will be permitted on all Saturdays and Sundays from now on until Easter included. These decisions are taken by the local authorities and are therefore beyond our control.
All tours including the Basilica will operate as scheduled – our guides will provide a detailed explanation of Basilica’s history, architecture and its treasures from the outside and wherever possible will bring visual aids ( either books or pictures or Ipad ) to allow the customers to view the interior of the church.
Both tours featured on this Venice Day Tour combo, the Venice Grand Canal Boat Tour & Avventure Bellissime Original Venice Walk, start from the entrance to the Royal Gardens on the water front of St. Marks Square.
Directions: From St. Mark's facing the Basilica turn right and walk towards the open water. At the two giant columns facing the water turn right, and following the line of trees after a 100 metres you will come to the entrance of the Royal Gardens where we will be waiting holding a sign with the name of the tour written on it.
IMPORTANT: shoulders and knees must be covered to enter St Marks basilica. Large bags are not allowed inside the basilica
- Please note these tours can be taken over several days. Just specify in the comments field at the time of booking which dates you want to do each tour and we'll confirm your request accordingly.
- At times St Mark’s basilica is closed due to high water or religious ceremonies. During high water the tour will take place, but it might happen we have to partly adapt the tour to the weather conditions. On those occasions when St Mark’s Basilica is open with high water, skip the line tickets will not be accepted as all visitors have only 1 door open to get in the church.
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance to St Mark's Basilica are available only from April to October (St Mark’s Basilica does not offer a fast entry service to anyone in other periods, considered off peak season).
- Shoulders and knees must be covered to enter St Marks basilica. Large bags are not allowed inside the basilica.
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- The cost of the tour does not include gratuities or hotel pick up and drop off.
- Prices from: 67.00
- Duration: 3 hours 10 minutes
- Availability: View Calendar
- Pickup Location
- Mid Point