Small Group Montalcino Wine & Romance tour from Florence
Revel in Tuscany’s wine country and hilltop towns on this small-group day trip from Florence. Traveling by luxury minivan with an expert driver-guide, explore the idyllic town of Montepulciano and enjoy a wine tasting at a selected winery . Next, stop at a winery near Montalcino for a food and wine experience including starter, pasta dish , dessert , served with three local Brunello di Montalcino wines. Finish with the visit of Monte Oliveto abbey, one of Tuscany’s hidden gems. Enjoy a personalized experience on this small-group tour, limited to eight peopleBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Travel through the Tuscan countryside by luxurious Mercedes AC minivan with experienced, English speaking driver.
- Wine tastings lunch at a Tuscan wine farm.
- Visit Montepulciano town, Piombaia wine farm or similar, Monte Oliveto Abbey and Montalcino hill town.
In this Avventure Bellissime tour you will spend the day being driven through the Tuscan countryside experiencing the best it has to offer in terms of wine, art and beautiful scenery.
In a small group of 8 or less, you will travel from Florence to the historic town of Montepulciano, sampling its atmosphere and wine before moving on to the Tuscan hill town of Montalcino. During this leg of the trip you will visit a local wine farm where you will enjoy lunch before visiting the beautiful Sant’Antimo Abbey nestled amongst vineyards and olive groves.
Afterwards, you will be driven back to Florence via the panoramic Cassia Road that travels through the beautiful Tuscan countryside.
Why book an Avventure Bellissime tour?
Our tours offer you a more personalised and in-depth experience. Lasting from 9am until 6pm, you will have all the time you need to experience the beauty of Tuscan countryside. Our experienced driver- guide will drive you and a party of no more than xx people. Since you are in a small group, our guides also have far more time to interact with you and answer any questions you may have.
Let’s take a look at what your tour will include:
Florence to Montepulciano
The tour begins at 9am from the Piazza della Repubblica where you will meet your driver - guide. From there you will be driven to Montepulciano where you will have time to explore the town, its famous San Biagio Church and the Contucci cellar which boasts more than 1000 years of history. Here you will be able to take part in a wine tasting before traveling onwards to Montalcino, departing at around 12noon.
Montepulciano to Piombaia
The first stop on this section of the trip will be Piombaia wine farm, or similar, where you’ll enjoy a private lunch and some of the farm’s own wine. The lunch will include appetizers, a pasta dish and dessert. During lunch you will be able to take part in a wine tasting – where you’ll experience three different types of Brunello wine.
Monte Oliveto Abbey
Next, visit Monte Oliveto abbey, a stunning Benedectine monastery dating from 1300 and located in spectacular location and where you can admire the beautiful frescoes by famous Tuscany Renaissance artists, the likes of Signorelli and Sodoma.
Then it is off to the medieval hill town of Montalcino. It boasts beautiful views over the surrounding valleys. You will be able to walk through its charming city centre and see its medieval fortress – guided by your driver who will walk with you.
Return to Florence
Your memorable day exploring the beautiful Tuscan countryside will end with a lovely drive back to Florence via the Cassia Road taking you through the stunning Chianti hills. You will arrive back in Florence city centre at approximately 6pm.
Your Tuscany Day tour will start from directly outside the Cafe Paskowski in Piazza Repubblica in Florence where you will find your guide holding a sign with Avventure Bellissime written on it
- This tour will be made up of 8 people in total per minivan and you will be driven / guided by one of our experienced and licensed driver-guides .
- The tour begins at 9am in Florence and finishes at 6pm in Florence.
- This tour is available on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday, each week.
- The tour includes the cost of lunch and wine tastings.
- The tour does not include gratuities or the cost of any other consumables for the day.
- Times of chanting at Sant’Antimo Abbey are subject to change and cancellation. We will always aim to take part in this but timings and cancellations are out of our control and we are unable to offer discounts.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Tour operates with a minimum of 4 participants.
- Prices from: 199.00
- Duration: 9 hours
- Availability: View Calendar
- Pickup Location
- Mid Point