Small Group Classic Ancient Rome
Small group Day tour of Ancient Rome including Colosseum , Roman forum , Palatine hill , Roman catacombs , Appian Way and San Clemente churchBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Skip the line tickets to the Colosseum
- 6 hours Highly qualified English speaking licensed guide
- Air-conditioned Minivan & Driver for part of the tour
- Ancient Roman Forum, Colosseum, Palatine Hill, Roman Catacombs, Appian Way & the fabulous St. Clemente Church
Our Small Group Classic Ancient Rome in a Day Walking Tours lasts a total of six hours. The first three hours features our popular Ancient Rome Walking Tour, then after a break for lunch, travelling in an air-conditioned mini-van visit the famous Roman Catacombs, the evocative Appian Way, and discover the treasures beneath the San Clemente Church to enjoy the most complete day tour of Ancient Rome.
At 8.45am enjoy our Ancient Rome Walking Tour, lasting 3 hrs. On our Ancient Rome Walking Tour, visit the ruins of the Ancient Roman Forum and listen to a captivating story of how the Ancient Romans, men of the soil, gave the letters S.P.Q.R their meaning and later carried them to the ends of the known world! Tour the Colosseum with skip the line tickets as your guide gives you an in-depth and intimate tour of Rome Italy's most famous building. Learn about the inner-workings of the Ancient Arena, and the spectacular games that were once held here. (For a full tour description of the Ancient Rome Walking Tours). Tour finishes at 11.45am.
After a break for lunch, at 2.00 pm take our Catacombs and Underground Rome Tour lasting three hours to conclude an incredible day tour of Ancient Rome. A driver and air-conditioned mini-van will transport you from venue to venue as you visit diverse Ancient Rome sites with your expert guide through which you will learn many various aspects of Roman Life.
Travel back in time as you descend through two-thousand years of history beneath the San Clemente Church. Explore the cavernous spaces of the Original Roman Catacombs that once housed the remains of St. Peter & Paul, and take a stroll along the Appian Way following in the footsteps of the Ancient Romans immersed in the picturesque countryside just outside of Rome to complete this very special Ancient Rome Day Tour. (For a full description of our Catacombs & Underground Rome Tours).
- Entrance fees to the Catacombs (5 Euro ) & St. Clemente Church (5 Euro)
Both tours start from outside the Colosseum metropolitan station, by the newspaper green kiosk on the right side where you will find our guide holding a board with Avventure Bellissimeand the name of the tour written on it
- You can take these two tours over two days. At the time of booking you just need to enter in the comments field your preference of the days you would like to take each tour.
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- At times, Colosseum, Roman Forums, Catacombs and St. Clemente church close without notice. No refunds are available as these events are beyond our control.
- Prices from: 144.00
- Duration: 6 hours
- Availability: View Calendar
- Pickup Location
- Mid Point