Rome Vatican tours - semi private tour
Vatican tours include skip the line tickets to the Vatican museums, Sistine Chapel & St. Peter’s Basilica. Semi-Private tours with max of 8 people , led by archaeology and art history guidesBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Only 8 people per guide for a more intimate and personalized experience
- Highly Qualified Expert Vatican Tour Guides
- Skip the line tickets to Vatican museums and Sistine chapel
- See Renaissance masterpieces by Michelangelo and by Raphael
Avventure Bellissime’s tours of the Vatican, Rome offer the traveller the benefit of skipping the queues and touring the historic site’s museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica within a small, private group of up to just 8 other tourists.
You will be in the hands of our expert guides who all have a background in either art history or archaeology.
Why book an Avventure Bellissime tour?
Our tours offer you a more personalised and in-depth experience. Lasting for four hours instead of the usual three hours, you will have all the time you need to experience the beauty of the Vatican and its masterpieces and to soak up the atmosphere of this special trip.
Our experienced guides go the extra mile, using ipads to illustrate our stories and explanations. Since you are in a small group, our guides also have far more time to interact with you and answer any questions you may have.
Let’s take a look at what your tour will include:
The tour focuses on the Renaissance period during which the Sistine Chapel, Raphael Rooms and Saint Peter’s Basilica were built. Here we will spend around 20 to 25 minutes so you have plenty of time to absorb the atmosphere of this unique building. Our guides will also tell you about the Popes of Rome, their enclave and the fascinating story of how they are elected to office.
Michaelangelo and the Sistine Chapel
You will learn about the life and times of Michaelangelo at the Vatican, his relationship with Pope Julius II and relive how he worked alongside fellow artists to create their masterpieces including his pieta. You’ll also hear about the intense rivalry he experienced with his contemporary artists.
Along with our expert guides, you will tour the Sistine Chapel spending as much time as possible viewing and discussing one of the most famous works of art in the world.
Saint Peter’s Basilica
We will then move onto visit Saint Pater’s Basilica – the world’s most famous and largest Catholic Church. It is home to masterpieces by Michaelangelo and Bernini. We’ll also go back to the story of the Basilica’s namesake – Saint Peter and the life story of the simple fisherman who became the first Pope of Christianity.
Other Vatican highlights
We will also have time to take in the Belvedere courtyard, the impressive Pio Clementino museum with its beautiful Greek and Roman statues. Our guides will also show you the stunning candelabra gallery and the tapestries gallery as well as the astonishing Raphael rooms, the Borgia’s apartment and examples of Bernini and Bramante’s work.
Saint Peter’s Square
The final part of the tour will focus on Saint Peter’s square – home to important Papal ceremonies. Here you will have time to admire Michaelangelo’s Dome and Bernini’s colonnades.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
The meeting point for our "Vatican & Sistine Chapel Tour" is outside the entrance to the Vatican Museums, where you will find our guide holding a sign with the name of the tour written on it. The tour operates with a min of 4 people and a maximum of 8 people
- This tour is of an historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for wheelchair users.
- At times, St. Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. No refunds are available as these events are beyond our control.
- There is a dress code for St Peter’s Basillica. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- The cost of the tour does not include gratuities or hotel pick up and drop off.
- Tour operates with a minimum of 4 participants.
- Prices from: 89.00
- Duration: 4 hours
- Availability: View Calendar
- Pickup Location
- Mid Point