Rialto Market and Secret Venice guided tour with Cicchetti and wine
Enjoy a fascinating small tour featuring Rialto bridge , Rialto market, then stroll through secret Venice and San polo district ,in areas where you’ll hardly find any tourist passing by - and cross over the Grand Canal in style by gondola. Get a true taste of Italy by sampling a few Cicchetti (Venetian tapas) with a glass of wine while seated in a traditional osteria by the Rialto market. Limited to a maximum of 10 peopleBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Licensed Expert English speaking guide
- Limited to a maximum of 10 people
- Rialto Market, Merchants of Venice, Ancient Red-Light District of Casteletto
- 2 cicchetti (venetian tapas) and a glass of wine in a Venetian Osteria
- Gondola to cross over the Grand Canal
Enjoy the unique charm of Italy in our small group tour of San Polo and Rialto market areas. Get the real experience of what the Venetians do before lunch by visiting a Venetians osteria and enjoy the chance to taste a few Cicchetti with a glass of wine.The Venetian experience does not stop here. Cross over the Rialto Bridge on a special gondola which is widely used as public transportation.
A tour of wonder and discovery awaits you.
Let the Rialto market put a spell on you as you walk through it, marvelling at its vibrant colours and smells. Learn about the history of Venice as one of the most rich and flourishing markets of the western world.
Visit one of the most beautiful little campi's (campielli in Venetian) facing the Grand Canal, where in olden times there would have been many oar workshops for the gondolas. Venture through to the Cannareggio district to see one of the oldest churches in Venice that dates from 7th Century and was restored in Renaissance times. Relax on a gondola, which crosses the grand canal to reach the other side of Venice, where Rialto and San Polo await you.
After exploring Rialto market and experiencing a Venitian osteria, embark on a walking tour through some of the most hidden, secretive areas of San Polo. This is where (at the time of La Serenissima, during renaissance times) east and west met and where spices, precious fabrics, silk and many other goods were traded by merchants from around the globe.
The Merchants of Venice needed places where they could sleep, eat and drink, as well as places where they could store their goods. For the most important countries trading in Venice, the Venetian government gave them entire palaces to be dedicated to this. The Merchants also needed to relax from their hectic life and during this walking tour of the Hidden Venice, we'll visit the medieval red light district of Castelletto.
As we venture further into the Hidden Venice where picture-postcard views appear around every corner and where you can also appreciate the true charm of this silent city, far from the hordes of tourists - where it feels as if time has stopped at the XV century. After strolling through, you’ll visit one of the most beautiful Campi (squares) of Venice - San Polo. Like a grand arena (where there used to be bull fights!), with its elegant palaces, it is a complete contrast to the narrow streets, dark passageways, delicate bridges and tiny courtyards of the Hidden Venice.
The tour will conclude back by the Rialto bridge.
Campo San Bartolomeo near the statue in the middle of the square
- During high water, the tour will take place, but it might happen we have to partly adapt the tour to the weather conditions.
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- The cost of the tour does not include gratuities or hotel pick up and drop off.
- tour operates with a minimum of 4 participants.
- Prices from: 69.00
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Availability: View Calendar
- Pickup Location
- Mid Point