Private Rome shore excursions from Civitavecchia
Enjoy a Private Rome shore excursion with pick up and drop off at Civitavecchia port of call .Your tour of Rome will feature Pantheon , Spanish steps , Colosseum, Ancient Forum , Navona square, Venezia square and views of Rome from the Palatine hillBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Private shore excursion with pick up and drop off the Civitavecchia port
- English-speaking driver & air-conditioned at disposal for 10 hours
- English speaking guide for your private tour lasting 6 hrs
- Skip the line tickets for the Colosseum
- Visit : Colosseum, Pantheon, Ancient Roman Forum, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona and much more
Rome in day shore excursions are private guided cruise ship shore excursions of the must-see sights of Rome from port of Civitavecchia. During these shore excursions in the company of one of our licensed expert Rome tour guides visit the Colosseum, Pantheon, Ancient Roman Forum, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona and much more as you make the most of your tour of the Eternal city. With an English-speaking driver & air-conditioned Mercedes vehicle at your disposal for ten hours you'll even have time to admire views of Rome from one it's famous seven hills.
During the first part of our private Rome in a day shore excursions, learn what role the Forum played in Ancient Rome, and its influence on succeeding generations. Your expert guide will concentrate on the most important landmarks of the Ancient Forum that date from the various periods of Rome's long great history to convey the history of Ancient Rome from its origins to the age of the Roman Republic, and the glory days of the Roman Empire.
One of the highlights of our Rome in a Day Shore Excursions is a visit to the magnificent Colosseum (Guaranteed no standing-in-line to enter!). Relive the days of Ancient Rome as your expert guide recounts how the inner-workings of the Colosseum enabled the Romans to provide special effects to accompany the showmanship of the ferocious games held here. As well as discussing the types of games held in Colosseum and what it mean't for a Roman citizen to attend these games.
After discussing Constantine's Arch and admiring views from the Palatine Hill, these Rome shore excursions embark on a very different tour of Rome through which you'll capture the essence of its extraordinary history as we tour the historical centre of Rome to visit the imposing Pantheon from Roman times, see the magnificent fountains by Bernini, the many palaces, open squares and richly decorated churches that are all here to testify to the importance and wealth acquired throughout the centuries by illustrious inhabitants.
The tour will finish by the Spanish Steps. Then, you could drive up to one of the famous seven-hills of Rome for an aperitif and splendid views of the city before returning to your cruise ship to complete your Private Rome in a Day Shore Excursion from Civitavecchia.
PLEASE NOTE: Journey time between the port of Civitavecchia & Rome is approximately 1.5 hours each way.
This Civitavecchia shore excursion to Rome departs from and returns to your cruise ship
- Please specify name and port of call of your cruise ship
- ** Rucksacks are NOT allowed inside Colosseum and Ancient Forum!!!! As there is not deposit area in the vicinity , avoid taking any rucksack as due to the new rules otherwise you will not be admitted inside the monuments.
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- At times, Colosseum and Roman Forums close without notice. No refunds are available as these events are beyond our control.
- Please wear confortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- Prices from: 175.60
- Duration: 10 hours
- Availability: View Calendar
- Pickup Location
- Mid Point